APPLY TO JOIN OUR ISLES AND OCEANS
To join the Our Isles and Oceans Community and to take part in our sailing programme please fill out the form below and attach an accompanying application document. Following the application, we will contact individuals for further progression. Although this is not a job application, we are limited on spaces so there will be a selection process to secure a place on the programme.
The accompanying application document can be in any form you see fit. It could be a cover letter, a presentation, a short video – we want to hear from you and want you to tell us your story the way you feel most comfortable!
What attracted you to this programme?
What excites you about this opportunity?
How would you hope to benefit from this training?
We want to hear about your experience during lockdown and the pandemic, and where you want to go in life. Why do you want to join this programme and what do you hope to achieve in the future?
– All people applying must be between the ages of 18-35. There are limited places available but we will give everyone an equal opportunity to apply and get involved. When you have sent in your form, you will receive a confirmation email that the Our Isles and Oceans team has received your application.
– The Spring 2022 sailing programme will take place in April and May and those joining must be available for dates in the assigned times. These programme dates will be confirmed by the team after receiving all applications.
– All joining the community will take part in a five day sail up the West Coast of Scotland. During this sail, participants will learn to sail onboard a Clipper 68 and will receive a RYA Start Yachting Certificate and a Clipper Race Certificate.
– An Ambassador Pack will be sent out to all individuals joining the community which will include a kit list, a medical questionnaire and further details. Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and we will endeavour to answer all queries and questions.
Are you ready to become an Our Isles and Oceans Ambassador?
BECOME AN OUR ISLES AND OCEANS AMBASSADOR
when you join our isles and oceans you will:
Receive a qualification from Our Isles and Oceans
Become an Our Isles and Oceans Ambassador
Benefit from world class mentorship with a focus on professional and personal development
Be invited to Our Isles and Oceans events with industry leaders and campaign supporters
Have the opportunity to apply to join a leg on the Clipper 2023-24 Round the World Yacht Race. Places will be limited to eight and candidates will be selected by the Our Isles and Oceans and Clipper Race performance team
CLIPPER 2023-24 ROUND THE WORLD YACHT RACE
‘People from around the world and all walks of life train to become ocean racing sailors. This unique, epic event sees teams battle extreme conditions as they race more than 40,000 nautical miles in a true test of fortitude and determination.’
– Clipper Round the World Yacht Race
The Our Isles and Oceans Clipper 70 racing yacht will be competing in the Clipper 2023-24 Round the World Race. Our Isles and Oceans will travel 40,000 nautical miles in a race broken into eight legs and visiting at least ten notable ports around the world.
This challenge is taken on by everyday people with no experience necessary and those involved in the Our Isles and Oceans initiative will have the chance to apply to take part in this once in a lifetime opportunity. Individuals will learn to sail on the training vessel, before choosing to put themselves forward to apply for one of eight spaces provided and funded by the Our Isles and Oceans initiative.